Magic first minute: Game changing speech openers
Game changing presentation openers!
For most presentations, the opening is boring and uninspiring. Knowing that your audience decides on your credibility and likability in the first few seconds, this is a wasted opportunity.
Take your first minute from mediocre to magic with these game changing presentation openers!
Your nerves are at their peak right before and in the first few minutes of your presentation. That’s why it’s important to think about what you will say first. The first few lines need to be spot on. And knowing that they are, will make you feel less nervous.
Let me show you how to open strong and captivate your audience right from the start.
What other Stage Heroes had to say
Who am I?
Imagine a 4-year-old girl assembling her dolls and stuffed animals in a circle. She stands up, looks around her room and starts speaking: “Kids, today I will teach you how to make a drawing of an elephant”.
That little girl is me. My name is Margreet Jacobs. Most people call me Maja. I have always loved being in front of groups. Teaching and preaching are kind of my thing. My professional career started 20 years ago as a Salsa teacher. Later I worked in corporate as a software sales consultant and the last 9 years i’ve been teaching non-verbal communication, storytelling and any topic related to public speaking.
My whole career I’ve seen so many brilliant people with fantastic stories, ideas and solutions. Yet so many of them are afraid to get up on a stage and present (themselves). This is why I founded Stage Heroes.
I help people to find their unique speaking power. To be the best version of themselves, when communicating with others. I have the best job in the world!
Why you need a magic first minute
- Opening strong gives you confidence that the rest will also go well.
- Captivating your audience from the start is crucial.
- At the start of your presentation, you’ll have 100% of everyone’s attention. Use it well.
- A bad presentation opener can ruin an otherwise good presentation.
- How you open will set the tone for your entire presentation.
- A powerful presentation opener will make your audience understand WHY they should listen to you.
- The opening of your presentation is the moment you make a connection with your audience.
Remember: the more authentic you are, the better your connection with your audience. Want to learn how? Let’s dive into this course together! .